Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Need more help, going from English to Vietnamese this time

Thread: Need more help, going from English to Vietnamese this time

Default Need more help, going from English to Vietnamese this time

Mahn Nguyen (if you end up translating this, thanks for the previous help)...

I need to send back a message to a friends relative in Vietnam and as far as I know she does not know english well so it this could be translated I would be very thankful...

Hi Dung,

Of course I remember you, how could I forget such a pretty girl.
    How are you doing? How is school going?

I have not spoken to your Aunt Paulina but I speak to your cousin Susan quite often.
    Susan has mentioned in conversation that Aunt Paulina is well. I will pass a message along to you Aunt in hopes she will contact your family and let you know how she is doing.

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Dan
    Last edited by Djdannos; 01-18-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Also can you translate these message from her from a few months ago...thanks

Dan
    khong biet co phai anh goi thu cho em khong nhi? nhung do la dia chi cua anh ma,em that su khong hieu lam nhung loi trong thu muon noi.
    DUNG

Chao Dan
    nhan duoc thu nay khong biet anh da tro lai My chua nhi? em rat vui duoc gap anh cung rat muon noi chuyen cung anh nhung rat tiec minh khong cung ngon ngu.Huy vong anh se doc duoc nhung dong chu nay cua em .Chuc anh moi dieu tot dep,bye
    Last edited by Djdannos; 01-18-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djdannos View Post

I need to send back a message to a friends relative in Vietnam and as far as I know she does not know english well so it this could be translated I would be very thankful...

Hi Dung,

How are you doing? How is school going?

I have not spoken to your Aunt Paulina but I speak to your cousin Susan quite often.
    Susan has mentioned in conversation that Aunt Paulina is well. I will pass a message along to you Aunt in hopes she will contact your family and let you know how she is doing.

Dan
    Here you go, good luck

Hi Dung,
    Em khỏe không? Việc học hành của em ra sao rồi?
    Dĩ nhiên anh nhớ em chứ, làm sao anh có thể quên 1 người đẹp như em vậy.
    Đã lâu lắm rồi anh không có nói chuyện với dì Paulina, nhưng anh vẫn liên lạc với chị/em họ của em, Susan, rất thường xuyên.
    Susan cũng có nói là dì Paulina vẫn khỏe mạnh.
    Anh sẽ chuyển tin em cho dì Paulina, hy vọng rằng dì ấy sẽ liên lạc với gia đình em và cho em biết dì ấy như thế nào.
    Anh mong rằng em và gia đình mọi sự tốt đẹp.

Dan
    khong biet co phai anh goi thu cho em khong nhi?
    Not sure if it was you that sent me this message/letter?
    nhung do la dia chi cua anh ma,em that su khong hieu lam nhung loi trong thu muon noi.
    But I know it’s your "email" address, I didn’t quite understand the entire message.
    DUNG

Chao Dan
    Hi Dan
    nhan duoc thu nay khong biet anh da tro lai My chua nhi?
    By the time you get this message, I wonder if you’re already back in the States?
    em rat vui duoc gap anh cung rat muon noi chuyen cung anh nhung rat tiec minh khong cung ngon ngu.
    I am glad that we’ve met and really wanted to talk with you, unfortunately for the language barrier between us.
    Huy vong anh se doc duoc nhung dong chu nay cua em .
    Hopefully, you will be able to understand this message.
    Chuc anh moi dieu tot dep,
    Wish you're well

bye

em rat vui duoc gap anh cung rat muon noi chuyen cung anh
    nhung rat tiec minh khong cung ngon ngu
    I am glad that we’ve met and really wanted to talk with you,
    unfortunately for the language barrier between us.

Not clearly translated or vague!!!

Hi Dung,Chào Dung

How are you doing? How is school going?Dĩ nhiên là anh vẫn còn nhớ đến em chứ. Làm sao mà quên được một cô gái đẹp như em được (in my opinion you are so gallant )

I have not spoken to your Aunt Paulina but I speak to your cousin Susan quite often.Lâu nay anh không nói gì với dì Paulina của em nhưng anh có nói chuyện với cô em bà con Susan của em khá thường xuyên
    Susan has mentioned in conversation that Aunt Paulina is well. I will pass a message along to you Aunt in hopes she will contact your family and let you know how she is doing.Trong lần nói chuyện Susan cũng có nói đến dì Paulina và nói dì cũng khỏe. Anh sẽ gửi cho dì một tin nhắn hy vọng dì sẽ liên lạc với gia đình em để cho em biết dì vẫn khỏe

Mong em và gia đình được vui khỏe
    Dan
    Dan
    .................................................. ...............................................

Dan Dan
    khong biet co phai anh goi thu cho em khong nhi? nhung do la dia chi cua anh ma,em that su khong hieu lam nhung loi trong thu muon noi.I don't know if you have sent me a letter. But it's clearly from your address, I really don't understand what you'd like to say in the letter.
    DUNG

Chao DanHello Dan.
    nhan duoc thu nay khong biet anh da tro lai My chua nhi? em rat vui duoc gap anh cung rat muon noi chuyen cung anh nhung rat tiec minh khong cung ngon ngu.Huy vong anh se doc duoc nhung dong chu nay cua em .Chuc anh moi dieu tot dep,bye
    Have you gone back to the US getting this letter? I'm glad to see you and love to say to you but I'm sorry we are different in mother tongue. I hope you can read this letter.
    Best wish for you
    My translation can be imperfect but I think you understand what she'd like to say to you.
    Last edited by english-learner; 01-19-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by english-learner View Post
    My translation can be not perfect but I think you understand what she'd like to say to you.
    S/B... can not be perfect...