Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Speaking English, what did you notice? make a discussion here... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaking English, what did you notice? make a discussion here...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsmoke View Post
    hello there,

i dont see why you can't judge that by a few conversations, if they can express their idea and pronounce correctly then it is good enough for a practice. The topic here is practicing english in a conversation right?

hmm, agree you can still practice well with top notch speaker, if they allow you to do so, or you are good enough to keep the conversation.

thanks for contribution
    chiefsmoke
    Why do you think top notch speaker does not allow you to talk?

Like I said earlier, it is you who can control the flow of conversation. It is you who allows the other side to talk "too much". It is you who does not have anything to say at all. As you mentioned above, if you are not good enough to keep a conversation going, then regardless of your audience, you don't have much to say at all.

what ever skill you are
    when you do monolouge in the public
    I thought
    1. repaire you speech (exactly format of speech & your pronuciation)
    2. repectfull yourself & someone else
    3. following your heart

then your speech will be good enough ......

Quote Originally Posted by tkv View Post
    what ever skill you are
    I thought
    3. following your heart

Bác coi lại post trên đi, nhiều lỗi lắm.

thấy lỗi chỗ nào thì quote nó xong sửa cho đúng đi tiếng anh đâu phải tiếng mẹ đẻ của tkv đâu àh

quang chọng là bà con hiểu tkv nói gì hông là đủ với tkv gòi

còn bạn thấy sai cứ sửa vô tư ... cám ơn nhiều

thân

what ever skill you are
    I thought
    3. following your heart

Whatever your skill (level) is, when you speak in public, I think you should do the following:

1. Prepare your speech (topic, format).
    2. Respect yourself and the audience.
    3. Follow your heart.

Bác cứ nghĩ tại không phải tiếng mẹ đẻ nên viết sao cũng được thì ít ai mà hiểu bác muốn cái gì hết. Quan trọng là viết cho đúng.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Thanks Mr. Nguyen

1. S/B those.
    2. I guess "to stay" is better than just "stay".
    I definitely agree with you. You are excellent.Thanks

Why do you think top notch speaker does not allow you to talk?

Like I said earlier, it is you who can control the flow of conversation. It is you who allows the other side to talk "too much". It is you who does not have anything to say at all. As you mentioned above, if you are not good enough to keep a conversation going, then regardless of your audience, you don't have much to say at all.
    i did not say all the cases it is like that, not all good speaker will dominate bad english speaker, but it is very likely, you should understand that i am trying to raise a point, and the point is to take this into consideration when you practice if you think it is correct. you should not try to argue words for words.

but yeah, thank you for the input.
    Last edited by chiefsmoke; 12-04-2008 at 10:19 AM.

what ever skill you are
    I thought
    3. following your heart

i think TKV made a very good point here: "follow your heart" and i do expect to receive more input of this kind which is exactly what i want to discuss here.

sometimes we concern too much about making a few mistakes in grammar or pronunciation when we are in a conversation or discussion and that makes us rigid like a machine and very boring speaker. Why not forget about all that and try to make a valid point? i am not saying that we should make a sentence which 90% are incorrect, but plsss... give me a break, talking or writing at the end of the day is just a form of communication to convey what you think to another person, may be it is not perfect but if you can understand my point you are making me happy. body languague is a good example of that, just enough to understand.

the way i see it is: in the course of making acquantainces or discussion, who really care if a vietnamese guy making a couple mistakes when he is speaking english??? the bottom line is the guy is trying to talk...

again thank you for all inputs.
    Chiefsmoke

Bác cứ nghĩ tại không phải tiếng mẹ đẻ nên viết sao cũng được thì ít ai mà hiểu bác muốn cái gì hết. Quan trọng là viết cho đúng.
    cám ơn nhiều nha Paddy
    câu nói đó chỉ châm chế cho cái dở của mình thui àh chứ nói chắng dza là hông biết mình sai .... Hahahaha

.... nhìn chung các bạn cũng expert cái language đáng ghé nầy dử nha
    hân hạnh ... rất hân hạnh

thân,

to Chiefsmoke
    Ăn nói thực ra nó nằm trong một những khuyết tài của nhân loại đâu phải ai cũng có tài ăn nói (lưu loát và lôi cuốn) nhưng đôi khi mình không có sự chọn lựa (cho những học sinh lấy mấy lớp Speech) mình bổn dưng chở thành ngừ có tài ăn nói bất đắc dzĩ
    Nhưng so ra thì trình độ của bản thân mỗi ngừ tuy là nói có khác nhưng sự nhận định cho 1 vấn đề chất vấn hầu như là giống nhau trên căn bản (cùng levels)
    nếu mình nói chuyện dzí bạn gái của mình thì chắc hông anh chàng ngây ngô nào mà đem chuyện cá độ bóng đá dza mà nói (đúng hông các bạn)
    nếu mình nói chuyện với giáo sư thì chắc không anh bùi kiệm nào nói cách quay bài trong lúc thi cử
    và nếu bạn nói trong lớp speech của bạn với những học sinh ngoại quốc thì cái gì có thể làm cho họ thích thú .....

những điều kiện trên với những câu trả lời của chính bạn có phải nó từ trái tim của chính bạn mà ra không

Nói chuyện trước đám đông là 1 chuyện rất khó (tránh cà chua và trứng gà) ngoài cái ngôn ngữ ra mình còn phải tập cho mình cái tư cách , cái dáng, (how much your repected) trong kinh phật có câu tâm tạo dáng nếu trong tâm mình thực sự có 1 lòng tự trọng thì nó sẽ tự nhiên tạo cho mình cái dáng dzấp tao nhã.....

những tư liệu cho đề tài mình muốn nói thông thường nó có định dạng rõ ràng
    thí dụ như: kể chuyện, bình phẩm, hay giới thiệu thì mỗi dzạng nói điều có 1 định dạng khác nhau (hôm nào dzãnh tkv post mấy dạng bài nói cho các bạn tham khảo)

... nhưng mấy điều trên tkv nói thiếu 1 điều rât quang trọng đó là sự tự tin của chính bạn

vài dòng góp ý mong rằng những ý kiến nầy không làm tổn thương đến các bạn

học thì phải hỏi .... hỏi để mà học đây là slogan của tkv ah

thân,