Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
translating addresses!

Thread: translating addresses!

Question translating addresses!

I think I uderstand urban address structure TP, Q, P, street and apartment number, but I am struggling with rural addresses. For example, a province is a "Tinh"? (Eg. Binh Thuan), the next level is like a county, "Huyen"? (Eg. Duc Linh.) After that, other designations vary for villages, (xa?), towns, quarters, hamlets, communes, sections and other designations. Can anyone give me an eqivavalent English term for the many types and levels frquently used? Also, I see abbreviations I do not understand like "TT", "PT", "NHC3","PGD", "CN", "QTK", "TX" etc. I am trying to be sure mail I send to Me Pu and surrounding areas is addressed correctly, and what abbreviations are used to designate what. Thanks!

Here's a few to start with. I haven't been in VN for a long time and I understand that their city and town designations change constantly depending upon the growth in population What was once a district can become a province. Here are some common ones I often see appearing in addresses

"Huyện" = District
    "Ấp" = Hamlet
    "Xả" = Ward
    "Tỉnh" = Province
    "Thị xả" = township
    "Hẻm" = alley
    "Quận" = County
    "Phường" = ward, precint, block

Hope that helps some. Maybe others who are more familiar with rural addresses can help with abbreviations and other terms.

CaorolTon67,

Thank you som much for your help! I tried to send a thank you weeks ago, but confused my self on how it should be sent-I am new to posting! Anyway, this was a great help! Thanks!