Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Dấu Phẩy Định Mệnh (A Fateful Comma)

Thread: Dấu Phẩy Định Mệnh (A Fateful Comma)

Default Bài Thơ Lạc Điệu (An Off-Tune Poem)

Thuở còn đi “học đại” tôi có quen một người con gái. Nàng học sau tôi một năm nhưng lớn hơn một tuổi. Nàng đẹp nhưng có khuynh hướng bi quan, mặt lúc nào cũng đăm chiêu. Có lẽ vì đời sống gia đình khó khăn, học hành chậm trễ nên tính nàng thực tế, ít để ý đến chuyện lãng mạn. Chúng tôi thường rủ nhau vào thư viện học. Tuy thân hơn bạn nhưng hai đứa chưa phải là bồ.
    (When still in college, I knew a girl. She was one year behind me but one year older. She was pretty but tended to be pessimistic and appeared somewhat worried all the time. Perhaps because of having led a hard life and been delayed in schooling she was rather practical and paid little attention to romantic things. We frequently went together to study in the library. We were more than just friends, but not yet considered as boyfriend and girlfriend.)

Một hôm như thường lệ tôi và nàng vào thư viện học. Sau một hồi chìm đắm trong những công thức và định lý khô khan, óc hơi mệt tôi bèn nghỉ một chút và nhìn xung quanh. Phía trước nàng cũng đang ngồi chăm chỉ học, bờ tóc dài nhẹ nhàng buông xõa. Nguồn thơ chợt dâng lên dào dạc, tôi cảm hứng “xuất bút thành thư”:
    (One day as usual we were in the library studying. Having immersed myself for some time in all the dry formula and scientific principles, I was tired and took a rest looking around. Sitting in front of me, she was also studying hard, her long hair gracefully hanging down her face. The poetic spring suddenly welled up in my mind. Inspired, I composed the following poem on the spot and wrote it down: )

Trong thư viện một chiều êm ả học
    Ngước nhìn lên chợt thấy dáng em ngồi
    Mái tóc thề buông xõa kín đời tôi
    Trong giây phút thời gian như lắng đọng
    (Studying in the library one peaceful afternoon
    Looking up and there sitting is my love
    Her flowing youthful hair envelopes my life
    For a moment time seems to stand still)

Tấm tắc với bài thơ mới làm, tôi đưa cho nàng đọc, phần muốn cho nàng biết là mình cũng thi sĩ như ai, phần muốn “tỏ tình qua nét bút”! Nàng đọc xong, ngẫm nghĩ một chút, hý hoái viết nhanh cái gì trên bài thơ rồi vừa đưa lại cho tôi vừa cười khúc khích! Tôi nhìn bài thơ mà ngỡ ngàng, không biết nên cười hay mếu! Vẫn là bài thơ “tuyệt tác”! Vẫn là những dòng chữ êm đềm. Chỉ có điều là một chữ đã bị gạch đi và thay vào một chữ khác.
    (Pleased with the new poem, I showed it to her, partly to show off that I was quite poetic and partly to profess my love through the verses! She read it, thought a little, quickly scribbled something on the poem then gave it back to me giggling! I looked at the poem and was rather embarrassed, not knowing whether I ought to laugh or mourn! Still the lovely poem. Still the sweet verses. Except on the page one word was crossed out and replaced by another.)

Trong thư viện một chiều êm ả học
    Ngước nhìn lên chợt thấy dáng (--) chị ngồi
    Mái tóc thề buông xõa kín đời tôi
    Trong giây phút thời gian như lắng đọng
    (Studying in the library one peaceful afternoon
    Looking up and sitting there is my (----) older sister
    Her flowing youthful hair envelopes my life
    For a moment time seems to stand still)

Bên ngoài trời có vẻ muốn mưa. Tôi chợt nghĩ đến một bài tình ca ướt át:
    (Outside it looked like it was going to rain. I thought of a rather weepy love song: )

Khi người yêu tôi khóc
    Trời cũng giăng sầu.
    (When my beloved cries
    Even the sky is overcast with sorrow.)

Tôi âm thầm tự hỏi: “Nhưng nếu không phải người yêu mình khóc mà chính là mình khóc thì sao nhỉ? À đúng rồi! Nếu chính mình khóc vì yêu thì bà chị mình sẽ ngồi cười khúc khích!
    “But if instead of your girlfriend crying, it’s you who are crying, then what?” I quietly asked myself. “Oh, yes! If it’s you who are crying because of love, then your older sister will be sitting there giggling!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dấu Phẩy Định Mệnh (A Fateful Comma)

Sau một cơn cãi vã sôi nổi không đâu, hai người tình trẻ rất bực bội, người này nhất định sẽ không hạ mình bắt chuyện với người kia trước. Thế là một tuần dài đăng đẳng lặng lẻ trôi qua. Chịu không nỗi nữa, nàng đành phải tìm cách nhắc khéo ông bồ đáng ghét kia. Tuy vậy, trong lòng vẫn còn đầy ấm ức nên trên mảnh giấy nàng chỉ viết vỏn vẹn một câu:
    (After a heated argument over nothing, the two young lovers were very upset; each decided not to stoop down as the person to speak first to the other one. Thus a forever long week silently passed by. Unable to stand it any longer, she had to resort to giving her rather dislikable boyfriend some subtle hints. Still full of resentment, however, on a piece of paper she penned one single short line: )

“Con chim nhỏ mất người tình”
    (“The little bird lost her love”)

Xong bắt thằng em giao thư. Đang nghiền ngẫm luyện chưởng mà bị phá, thằng bé rất bực dọc. Nhất là nó ghét “chàng” lắm, người gì mà lúc nào cũng chỉ để ý đến bà chị nó (!) và tội lỗi nặng hơn là không bao giờ quà cáp hối lộ. Nó lầm bầm cầm tờ giấy, lơ đễnh liếc nhìn mấy chữ. Bỗng nghĩ ra điều gì nó tạt vào buồng và một lúc sau hăm hở ra đi.
    (She then made her younger brother deliver the message. Disrupted from total immersion in his favorite martial-arts novel, the boy was really annoyed. He especially hated the guy. Not only all he was ever interested in was his sister (!), the guy committed a worse crime by never offering him any bribery gifts. He grumblingly took the note and absent-mindedly glanced at the written words. Jolted with a sudden thought, he stopped by the back room and after a while excitedly left.)

Chàng mừng run rẩy khi được thư từ thằng bé và cám ơn nó rối rít. Nhìn dòng chữ thân yêu, gương mặt chàng đang tươi cười chợt ngơ ngác không hiểu, rồi từ từ xám xanh vì giận. Trên mảnh giấy chỉ có một câu đơn giản:
    (The boyfriend was shaken with joy as he received the note from the boy and thanked him profusely. As he read the beloved words, his smiling face suddenly turned bewildered, then slowly darkened with rage. On the piece of paper was a simple sentence: )

“Con chim nhỏ, mất người tình”
    (“Small member, lose lover”)

Bên ngoài gió bắt đầu thổi mạnh báo hiệu cho một cơn giông bão sắp tới.
    (Outside the wind was picking up; a big storm was about to come.)
    Last edited by sang56; 02-19-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sang56 View Post
    Sau một cơn cãi vã sôi nổi không đâu, hai người tình trẻ rất bực bội, người này nhất định sẽ không hạ mình bắt chuyện với người kia trước. Thế là một tuần dài đăng đẳng lặng lẻ trôi qua. Chịu không nỗi nữa, nàng đành phải tìm cách nhắc khéo ông bồ đáng ghét kia. Tuy vậy, trong lòng vẫn còn đầy ấm ức nên trên mảnh giấy nàng chỉ viết vỏn vẹn một câu:
    (After a heated argument over nothing, the two young lovers were very upset; each decided not to stoop down as the person to speak first to the other one. Thus a forever long week silently passed by. Unable to stand it any longer, she had to resort to giving her rather dislikable lover some subtle hints. Still full of resentment, however, on a piece of paper she penned one single short line: )

“Con chim nhỏ mất người tình”
    (“The little bird lost her love”)

Xong bắt thằng em giao thư. Đang nghiền ngẫm luyện chưởng mà bị phá, thằng bé rất bực dọc. Nhất là nó ghét “chàng” lắm, người gì mà lúc nào cũng chỉ để ý đến bà chị nó (!) và tội lỗi nặng hơn là không bao giờ quà cáp hối lộ. Nó lầm bầm cầm tờ giấy, lơ đễnh liếc nhìn mấy chữ. Bỗng nghĩ ra điều gì nó tạt vào buồng và một lúc sau hăm hở ra đi.
    (She then made her younger brother deliver the message. Disrupted from total immersion in his favorite martial-arts novel, the boy was really annoyed. He especially hated the guy. Not only all he was ever interested in was his sister (!), the guy committed a worse crime by never offering him any bribery gifts. He grumblingly took the note and absent-mindedly glanced at the written words. Jolted with a sudden thought, he stopped by the back room and after a while excitedly left.)

Chàng mừng run rẩy khi được thư từ thằng bé và cám ơn nó rối rít. Nhìn dòng chữ thân yêu, gương mặt chàng đang tươi cười chợt ngơ ngác không hiểu, rồi từ từ xám xanh vì giận. Trên mảnh giấy chỉ có một câu đơn giản:
    (The man was shaken with joy as he received the note from the boy and thanked him profusely. As he read the beloved words, his smiling face suddenly turned bewildered, then slowly darkened with rage. On the piece of paper was a simple sentence: )

“Con chim nhỏ, mất người tình”
    (“...................,.......................” )

Bên ngoài gió bắt đầu thổi mạnh báo hiệu cho một cơn giông bão sắp tới.
    (Outside the wind was picking up; a big storm was about to come.)
    Câu chuyện này không biết nên cười hay khóc đây. Chắc vừa cười vừa khóc cho đủ bộ vậy ... hu hu ha ha
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
    Hiểu rồi
    Thật là tếu . Thằng bé này thiệt là nham hiểm
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

Default Cười hay khóc?

"You thọt (talk) me thọt, you no thọt me no thọt; you thọt thọt me thọt thọt, you no thọt thọt me no thọt thọt!"

Cúng hì phát chòi

Quote Originally Posted by MANH NGUYEN View Post
    "You thọt (talk) me thọt, you no thọt me no thọt; you thọt thọt me thọt thọt, you no thọt thọt me no thọt thọt!"

Cúng hì phát chòi
    Ha ha .. sao nghe đau cái .... gì quá ha ha
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

Just added one more story to the main thread.

Default The period

Quote Originally Posted by MANH NGUYEN View Post

Cúng hì phát chòi
    In an English class, the teacher asked her students what they considered most important in a sentence. First student said it was the subject since it indicated who or what did. Second student said it had to be the verb since it described what was done. Other student offered there pick for most important in a sentence.

Little Johnny was asleep in one corner and was picked to answer the question.
    "The period," he replied.
    "And why is that, Johnny ?" his teacher asked.
    "I don't know. But my sister cried when told us this morning that she has lost her period. My dad cursed, my mom fainted, and the man next door shot himself. It has to be very important."

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    In an English class, the teacher asked her students what they considered most important in a sentence. First student said it was the subject since it indicated who or what did. Second student said it had to be the verb since it described what was done. Other student offered there pick for most important in a sentence.

Little Johnny was asleep in one corner and was picked to answer the question.
    "The period," he replied.
    "And why is that, Johnny ?" his teacher asked.
    "I don't know. But my sister cried when told us this morning that she has lost her period. My dad cursed, my mom fainted, and the man next door shot himself. It has to be very important."
    Hahahahahaa, this is very good!
    Internet Marketer
    web hosting|Free hosting cho 3 tháng <= cần phải liên lạc với mình thêm để biết thêm chi tiết vì mình sẽ trả cho 3 tháng này nếu bạn đăng ký theo sự hướng dẫn của mình | host reseller|vietnamese translation

vietnamese translation service|vietnamese translator|vietnamese translation| vietnamese interpreter