Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Discuss Sport - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discuss Sport

Yes, sports and exercise are closely related. Sports is associated with performance, whether it is to get money, a medal, an award, recognition or personal satisfaction. Exercise is purely for health reasons. People exercise because they want to stay in shape, have a good body, and good health; there are no standards to prove or follow in exercise. You can do it for 2 minutes or 2 hours. In sports, there are rules. For instance, if you play soccer, you have two play 2 quarters for a total of 90 minutes. If you play basketball you play for 3 quarters, volleyball and tennis: 3-5 sets. You can't stop anytime you want, there are pre-set conditions; with exercise there are none. If I go out to jog and I feel cold or it starts to rain, I can stop and go home. In sports, if you're tired or it's raining you still have to play. That's the sacrifice in sports; exercise is voluntary.

That's right. NOW,let me see, there will be two important points in that essay :
    1/ Playing sport is good for health
    - For heart
    - For muscle
    - For lung
    2/ By participating in sport ,we and especially children can learn about sportsmanship, discipline,team-work, confidence,humility, responsability,and we can get more good friends.

I am really interested in the second point more . Although that point is educational for children & needed for adults , it seems not to be accessible to everyone .
    For the 2nd point,it's quite hard to look for any suitable example. I tried to search in Google and found some but i haven't not yet read.

For the second point: Sports are accessible for everyone, but not everyone chooses to participate or engage in it. Some people just want to sit on a sofa watching TV, playing video games, or go on the computer and they will have health problems later on in life. Children grow to be adults and adults are members of society. the skills children learn through sports is not educational but has societal value for later on in life. As for examples: middle schools, high schools, colleges all have sports teams a person can participate in. Cities have all kinds of sports leagues for children (little league), adults, seniors.

Lightbulb I totally forgot....

I totally forgot that the term " sport" is also used to include mind sports and motor sports. Mindsports=mental exercise, right?
    And I have just found an example for sportsmanship from WIKIPEDIA.ORG, textually: "For example, in football it is considered sportsmanlike to kick the ball out of play to allow treatment for an injured player on the other side. Reciprocally, the other team is expected to return the ball from the throw-in."
    So, what do you think?

I haven't heard of the term mind sport used often or if any time at all. There are mental exercises, yes; but that's exercise but not sports. I already explained before about the difference in sports and exercise. Sportsmanship is an important value in Sports. I spoke about that in the example that when children participate in Sports, they learn sportsmanship.

Default mindsports

Do you see that CHESS is played in SEAGAMES? That showed us that chess is a kind of sport.

Sorry I don't know anything about SEAGAMES. I do know that Chess like our Vietnamese cờ tướng is not considered a sport. It is a recreational activity.

If I remember correctly, CHESS is really considered as a sport. But whatever it is , I think it doesn't influence so much. If we keep talkin' about this very little problem( i mean " mindsport") ,do you know what word will my classmates call that in Vietnamese? It is call'd that "Bàn lùi". I couldn't understand why and how they discovered that name.
    And in short, thank you for sharing ideas with me! I'm nearing the finish.
    For this summer, I made many plans. Learning how to write the essay comes first in my list.
    SYA