Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Wine and alcohol in English language

Thread: Wine and alcohol in English language

Threaded View

hdungbeat

Default Wine and alcohol in English language

In human society alcohol is an age-old kind of drink. In the past before ethnic groups had communication each other, they had been having a same thing that is alcohol. Alcohol has been the most popular drink in every ethnic group all over the world. Hence I think, in the language of each ethnic groups there are so many proverbs, expressions, slangs and so on which refer to the word "alcohol". Knowing and discussing about the use of that word in English are interesting and make us understand English more, they are also ways to learn English. I found some sentences and hope you feel enjoynable.(Correct me if I make any mistakes)

Rượu là thứ đồ uống lâu đời của loài người, nên trong ngôn ngữ chắc chắn có nhiều tục ngữ, thành ngữ và cách sử dụng từ này. Tiếng Anh chắc cũng thế? tôi thử tìm mấy câu liên quan tới hai từ wine và alcohol trong tiếng Anh? Các bác có thể cho các câu hay hơn.

- New wine in old bottle.
    Bình cũ rượu mới.

- Wine, woman and song.
    Ăn chơi đàn đúm.

- Wine and dine
    Đãi ai một cách hậu hĩnh

-In wine, the truth.
    Uống rượu thì làm cho con người ta chân thật hơn

Còn câu này kô có từ wine nhưng có liên quan tới rượu và nhậu
    Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
    Last edited by hdungbeat; 03-23-2008 at 07:49 PM.