Hi everyone, this translation request is to help a Vietnamese friend who would like to video-chat with her family back in Vietnam. They do not know much about computers / internet and it is very difficult to communicate what they need to do to successfully make videocalls. I hope translating the following can help them to understand. Thank you!

PS. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on how to best help my friend, please feel free to reply too!

1. Both you and your husband must be online at the same time. The green icon means 'online'. The grey icon means 'offline'.

2. The problem is that your husband shows as 'offline' (grey icon), and it tells me that his computer system is not able to use videochat.

3. Please ask your husband to test the webcam on the computer. In Gmail, go to Settings -> Chat -> Voice and Video Chat -> Verify your settings.

4. Now we are using Gmail, but there are other services that we can try if your husband's computer cannot use Gmail to chat. Does your husband know a service that work for him? For example, Skype?

5. If we want to try another service, we need the name of the service, and also your husband's nickname that he registered on that service.