Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Please help me understand...

Thread: Please help me understand...

Threaded View

Question Please help me understand...

Hello everyone

I never thought I would tell anyone about my hurt, but the pain is still there and I am still wondering how it happened. I guess I need help, so here's my story:

I fell in love with a Viet-kieu, fell in love with his sweet talk, his charm, his kindness. We started out as chat friends, but very soon he started to lead the whole thing in the "love" direction, all the while hiding his identity 99%, feigning love, feigning loneliness and oceans of understanding for all I ever said. Of course, naive as I was, it all ended in a disaster, icy coldness and even mutual attacks. He is a cruel man who broke my heart, but I never stopped loving him.

I've never been in Vietnam, there are no Vietnamese where I live and I don't know much about Vietnamese mentality, but after what happened to me, I started wondering if it's common for Viet men (even overseas Vietnamese, too) to consider it a natural thing to have a woman "on the side", and euphemistically call it "love", even if using someone's true feelings is just food for their vanity? Because that's what it seems he expected me to be. He said he has lived abroad for most of his life, but it seems his upbringing never left him, especially considering the fact that even living in the West he still married an Asian woman. Of course he didn't tell me he was married, until we actually met (and he was the one who insisted that we meet as soon as possible). He assured me that the loved me and that we can have a future ... I know it's in the nature of men never to miss a chance to "play" whenever they see a foolish girl, but the way he did it was too much...

I'm sorry if the topic is too personal for this kind of forums, but I'd really appreciate any feedback on this. In English, please, since I can't understand much Vietnamese. He never bothered too much about me really, which includes his ignoring my thirst for learning this beautiful language.

Thank you.
    Last edited by onedaymylove; 07-22-2009 at 02:10 PM.