Quote Originally Posted by my_SLK View Post
Sin Chao!

I am an English speaking Singaporean that have just returned from a 20days long backpacking tour in Vietnam. I'm hooked! - to the place, the culture, the people. As such, I've made up my mind to be back in a year and be able to speak basic Vietnamese by then.

Did a little research on the internet and found that it'll be a good idea to watch Vietnamese movies/dramas subbed in English. Does anyone know where I can download those?

Any other suggestions? I'm not one that can sit down, read from a Vietnamese-English dictionary and remember, so nothing boring please! Cam on in advance!

Regards,
Edwin
Xin chào
It's simple to download films with Vietnamese subtitles. First, you google for "Vietnamse subtitles", whichever film they may be. Then, search for that film, trying the phrase "....=name of the film + rapidshare". You can follow the link of rapidshare to download. That's how I download film on internet.
Besides, I believe that there're lots of Vietnamese in Singapore. You can make friends with them and practice Vietnamese.
Hope you will have fun with learning Vietnamese.