Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Pls help me translate these probs in Math

Thread: Pls help me translate these probs in Math

Hybrid View

christy

Default Pls help me translate these probs in Math

1. The daily production P in an automobile assembly plant is within 20 units of 500 units. Express the daily production as an absolute value inequality.

2. The area A of a region is approximately equal to 12.436. The error in this approximation is less than 0.001. Describe the possible values of this area both with an absolute value inequality and with interval notation.

3. If N = 3.65 x 10–3 is a number from a measurement, then we assume an accuracy of 3.65 x 10–3 + 5 x 10–6. Express the accuracy assumption using an absolute value inequality.

4. A delivery truck leaves a warehouse and travels north to factory A. From factory A the truck travels east to factory B and then return directly to the warehouse (see figure). The driver records the truck’s odometer reading at the warehouse at both the beginning and the end of the trip and also at factory B, but forgot to record it at factory A (see table). The driver does recall that it was further from the warehouse to factory A than it was from factory A to factory B. Since delivery charges are based on distance from the warehouse, the driver needs to know how factory A is from the warehouse. Find this distance.

Thanks so much

[QUOTE=christy;3109]1. The daily production P in an automobile assembly plant is within 20 units of 500 units. Express the daily production as an absolute value inequality.

Sản xuất mỗi ngày (gọi là) P trong một nhà máy ráp xe là trên dưới 20 đơn vị (đơn vị = 1 chiếc xe?) của 500 đơn vị. Viết ra số sản xuất mỗi ngày bằng cách dùng số dương lớn hơn hay nhỏ hơn (inequality: không bằng) (ví dụ x<P và P<y).

The problems #2 and #3 are similar. I will translate problem #4 tomorrow if no one has helped you by then. What is the purpose of this translation? To give them as tests to Vietnamese students?

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    4. A delivery truck leaves a warehouse and travels north to factory A. From factory A the truck travels east to factory B and then return directly to the warehouse (see figure). The driver records the truck’s odometer reading at the warehouse at both the beginning and the end of the trip and also at factory B, but forgot to record it at factory A (see table). The driver does recall that it was further from the warehouse to factory A than it was from factory A to factory B. Since delivery charges are based on distance from the warehouse, the driver needs to know how factory A is from the warehouse. Find this distance.
    Thanks so much
    Một xe tải rời kho hàng và đi lên phía bắc tới nhà máy A. Từ nhà máy A, xe tải đi về phía đông đến nhà máy B và sau đó quay trở lại trực tiếp tới kho hàng (xem hình vẽ). Người lái xe ghi lại số chỉ ở công-tơ-mét (đồng hồ chỉ cây số chạy) của xe tải đọc tại kho hàng tại cả điểm đầu và điểm cuối của chuyến đi cũng như ở nhà máy B, nhưng quên ghi nó tại nhà máy A (xem hình vẽ). Tài xế nhớ lại rằng khoảng cách từ kho hàng tới nhà máy A lớn hơn khoảng cách từ nhà máy A tới nhà máy B. Vì chi phí giao hàng được dựa vào khoảng cách từ kho hàng, do đó người tài xế cần biết khoảng cách từ kho hàng tới nhà máy A . Tìm khoảng cách này.

christy

Thank you so much
    @sang56: Yup, those are my homework. And I must submit them next week ^^