Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
hello Everyone!

Thread: hello Everyone!

Hybrid View

bao3695

Default hello Everyone!

I am new member here, I am living at US and i really want to learn English very fast, because i will go to college about 1 more month but now my English is very bad. i am trying to write, read, and learn English every day but i have a trouble when i speak with American people, they understand what did i said and what did i want but i think they don't understand and hear from what did i said much. Can someone help and give me some advises to help me improve my speaking skill as soon as possible.
    Thank very much !

if i wrote wrong some things please help me correction my mistake so i will know what i am wrong.
    Last edited by bao3695; 07-26-2007 at 06:16 AM.

Hi!
    Your English is probably not as poor as you believe. Your paragraph was easily understood. Below I've made a few suggestions to enhance understanding. The best way to learn any language quickly is to use it as often as possible.
    Here are a few suggestions to change your post.

"I am new member here, I am living at US" (change 'at' to 'in'. "In" places you within the area, for example: "You are currently located in the US but I live at an American College")

and i really want to learn English very fast, because i will go to college about 1 more month but now my English is very bad. i am trying to write, read, and learn English every day

"but i have a trouble when i speak with American people",(delete the "a", the "a" would refer to a single event, where "trouble" would indicate potential for mutliple difficulties)

"they understand what did i said and what did i want but i think they don't understand and hear from what did i said much."("what did" implies a question, rather than a statement. You are making a statement here, so you can remove "did" and your intent would be clearer)

Can someone help and give me some advises ("advises" is offer counselling, "advice" is recommendations, such as: Susie, advises drinking water, but Mary gave her advice on how to drink the water.)

to help me improve my speaking skill as soon as possible.
    Thank very much !

if i wrote wrong some things please help me correction my mistake so i will know what i am wrong.(use "I stated" or "I wrote", you, as an individual are not wrong, you performed an action incorrectly, so you would change that to what action you performed incorrectly)

Hope this helps.

Don't be afraid to make errors. That is the way we all learned to speak in any language. Immerse yourself in the language, and when you don't understand what is said to you, ask for interpretation until you do understand. This process will help you to improve your American English skills. Also, let those you are speaking with understand that you are not offended, but rather appreciate, correcting your American Grammar. Most people do not want to offend you so may not be comfortable offering correction without that knowledge.

You are changing learned programming in your brain. And you have the total ability to do that well! Practice and Patience & you will achieve all that you desire. You may want to record yourself and listen to the way you speak compared to your American counterparts.

Have fun and enjoy learning!
    Widget