Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
chicken dog please help translate thanks

Thread: chicken dog please help translate thanks

Hybrid View

bateng

Default chicken dog please help translate thanks

O nha e co ba ba , co ma ma , a ko duoc ngu chung voi e khi nao dam cuoi roi moi ok.

Hi bateng,
    Here is your translation:

"I have my mom and my dad at my house. You can't sleep with me until our wedding."

She possibly also means ""My mom and my dad live with me at my house." I am not sure if they always live with her or they are just living there for a short period.
    Last edited by chickendog; 02-03-2009 at 05:16 PM.

bateng

thanks bro. chicken dog for your translation... by the way how u learn your vietnamese izzit u are partly is viet or sg personal?

Vietnamese is my first language and i was born in Vietnam.
    Before i left for Vietnam, i learned high school level of Vietnamese. And here is a poorly kept secret, most Vietnamese students can be good at anything but Tieng Viet (Vietnamese). They are well...i should say the worst, pathetic, miserable, disgusting...at it. (I am gonna get jumped for this but wth...anyway, my apology to anyone who is offended. The education system should take the blame for this.)

Anyway, my way learning of Vietnamese is to read news from both Vietnamese and English news sites like vnn.vn, vnexpress and washingtonpost, reuters, nytimes.... The Vietnamese news sites usually have translated copies of the english websites' articles and you can horn your skill by reading both english and vietnamese version of the articles. Notice the usage of words and how they translate a certain difficult sentences.

Ok, I am not saying i am good at any languages, yet, but it is my way to learn, since you asked. 8)

PS: If you are reading this, you have forfeited your right to be angry. Peace!
    Last edited by chickendog; 02-06-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    -Abraham Maslow

Quote Originally Posted by chickendog View Post
    Vietnamese is my first language and i was born in Vietnam.
    Before i left for Vietnam, i learned high school level of Vietnamese. And here is a poorly kept secret, most Vietnamese students can be good at anything but Tieng Viet (Vietnamese). They are well...i should say the worst, pathetic, miserable, disgusting...at it. (I am gonna get jumped for this but wth...anyway, my apology to anyone who is offended. The education system should take the blame for this.)

Anyway, my way learning of Vietnamese is to read news from both Vietnamese and English news sites like vnn.vn, vnexpress and washingtonpost, reuters, nytimes.... The Vietnamese news sites usually have translated copies of the english websites' articles and you can horn your skill by reading both english and vietnamese version of the articles. Notice the usage of words and how they translate a certain difficult sentences.

Ok, I am not saying i am good at any languages, yet, but it is my way to learn, since you asked. 8)

PS: If you are reading this, you have forfeited your right to be angry. Peace!
    ChickenDog,
    Is this fact, your opinion or your own personal experience ?

If this is a fact, state your source of data.

If it is just your opinion or experience, then I suggest you state it in your post so other readers, especially non-VN readers, know that it is your opinion, and not a fact.

When I was in my 6th grade, most of my classmates had read "les miserables" (translated version, of course), and other well known French literatures like Vô Gia Đình, Về Với Gia Đình và Trong Gia Đình. Should this be considered as fact that all VN student are well versed in French literatures? I don't think so. It just happened that some kid had these books and he loaned it to everyone of his classmates.

My point is you should not pick one class, one school and use it to represent the whole Viet Nam.

I don't think anyone will jump you for posting here.

Paddy, it is not my opinion at all. It is a obvious fact in Vietnam. You can tell by seeing how the students/people read, writes, talk. Very few of them has the ability to use Vietnamese in advanced level. If you read news from the Vietnamese news sites, regarding college exams and high schơol exams, you will have a better idea about the current stituation of Vietnamese students on Mon Van (Tieng Viet)

It was great that you guys read French literature, however, your ability in a language is truely measured by your writing skill, not just reading. What was the last you read any gơod essays written by a Vietnamese student in Vietnam?

And i got a few links from a news site regarding this matter. You can search for more by typing "môn văn" thier search engine. Ok, i am going out for some fun.

http://www.vnn.vn/giaoduc/2005/05/426109/
    http://www.vnn.vn/giaoduc/vande/2005/05/425833/
    http://www.vnn.vn/giaoduc/2003/8/27551/
    http://vietnamnet.vn/giaoduc/chuyeng...006/12/645733/
    http://www.vnn.vn/giaoduc/vande/2005/05/425597/
    http://vietnamnet.vn/bandocviet/2005/05/426871/
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    -Abraham Maslow

Tớ ko biết hồi xưa bác học có đuợc viết tự do ko, chứ bây giờ theo tớ thấy, tất cả mấy bài văn phổ thông và những đề văn thi vào đại học đều là những bài văn có lối tư suy đã đuợc truyền đạt sẵn. Học sinh chỉ lữa lời mà viết ra, ai lựa lời hay thì viết hay ai ko lựa hay thì viết ko hay.
    Học sinh phần lớn ko thích tác phẩm nào thì cũng phải viết về tác phẩm đó. Ví dụ như phân tích đức tính tốt của 1 nhân vật nào đó. Tức là mình chỉ đuợc phân tích tính tốt, tính sấu có thấy cũng ko đuợc cho vào.
    Chủ đề của các bài văn thì quay đi quẩn lại cũng chỉ phân tích tác phẩm trong sách, ko có rộng như bên Mỹ này.
    Theo tớ nghĩ nếu như cho học sinh Mỹ học theo lối VN, chắc gì họ đã giỏi hơn mình.
    Theo tớ thì, tư duy của học sinh VN rất bị kìp kặp trong môn văn.
    Nhất tự vi sư , bán tự vi sư
    ---
    1st Version:
    Anyone who teaches me one word - even half a word - is still my teacher.
    2nd Version:
    Even he who teaches me the smallest bit can still be called my teacher

Please correct my grammar as you see fit. Much appreciated!

bateng

Erm chicken dog, is there anyway learn simple vietnam writing for not going to school...
    For some easy comunicate with viet friends and learn some how to read?

Bateng, i have no idea which way is the easiest for a foreigner to learn the language. Vietnamese is my first language, so it comes to me naturally. However, i found for you two pages with tips from foreigners who managed to learn Vietnamese succesfully. You can check out the post i made in Learning Vietnamese forum. I will update it when i find something new.

http://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_a...tml?float=true

http://www.pbs.org/hitchhikingvietnam/travel/lang.html
    Last edited by chickendog; 02-08-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    -Abraham Maslow

bateng

ok thanks chicken dog