Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Please help translate Vietnamese to English
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help translate Vietnamese to English

Hybrid View

Question Please help translate Vietnamese to English

"Em nho anh nhieu lam em khong biet noi sao cho anh hieu duoc long em em uoc mo sao em lam duoc that nhieu tien em se ve viet nam em hoc tieng va em se qua (em noi chuyen voi anh cho and hieu duoc em em yeu and that long"

"em muon song voi a suot doi"

"papy birth day em khong biet noi nhung ma em biet yeu em hy vong and se hieu tam tinh cua em"

"Chuc ngu ngon, mo giac mo dep" this I guess is " good night, have a sweet drame" It right?

"Em nho and nhieu lam em khong co tien de ma dong batbo nua lay gi ma tang and em chi biet chuc anh sinh nhat vui ve ma thoi va nhung gi tot dep nhat se den voi anh em yeu anh nhien lam"

Please help me to translate this Vietnamese to English. This is SMS message from mobile phone. I alway try to learn Vientnamese to communicate with my friend. I found the phone message very hard to understand.
    Last edited by ooips88; 06-30-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ooips88 View Post
    "Em nho anh nhieu lam em khong biet noi sao cho anh hieu duoc long em em uoc mo sao em lam duoc that nhieu tien em se ve viet nam em hoc tieng va em se qua (em noi chuyen voi anh cho and hieu duoc em em yeu and that long"

"em muon song voi a suot doi"

"papy birth day em khong biet noi nhung ma em biet yeu em hy vong and se hieu tam tinh cua em"

"Chuc ngu ngon, mo giac mo dep" this I guess is " good night, have a sweet drame" It right?

"Em nho and nhieu lam em khong co tien de ma dong batbo nua lay gi ma tang and em chi biet chuc anh sinh nhat vui ve ma thoi va nhung gi tot dep nhat se den voi anh em yeu anh nhien lam"

Please help me to translate this Vietnamese to English. This is SMS message from mobile phone. I alway try to learn Vientnamese to communicate with my friend. I found the phone message very hard to understand.
    I miss you very much, I don’t know what to say to make you understand my heart, I wish that I could make lots of money, then I would go to Vietnam to learn the language and I will come over (I’ll talk with you so that you can understand that I love you wholeheartedly)

I want to spend the rest of my life with you

Happy Birthday, I don’t know how to say it, but I know how to love and I hope that you will understand my feelings

Good night, sweet dreams

I miss you very much, I don’t even have money for window shopping*, let alone a gift for you. I only know to wish you a Happy Birthday and that the best of everything will come your way. I love you very much.

"There was some uncertainty regarding the translation of the phrase 'dong bat bo' in this last message which was translated as 'window shopping'. That was my best guess that I could come up with so far. If something else comes up I'll let you know or if someone else on the forum can make it out."

Dear Carolton,
    Thank you very much that help me a lot. That I can understand and reply the messages.

" You are always on my mine " for the tanslator tanslated is "Bạn luôn luôn trên của tôi (của) tôi " that some one told is wrong could you help to translate.

Carolton you are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ooips88 View Post
    Dear Carolton,
    Thank you very much that help me a lot. That I can understand and reply the messages.

" You are always on my mine " for the tanslator tanslated is "Bạn luôn luôn trên của tôi (của) tôi " that some one told is wrong could you help to translate.

Carolton you are the best.
    Yes, the translator is definitely wrong on that one. Assuming that this "you" to be addressed is female you would say:

"Em lúc nào cũng trong tư tưởng của anh"

Smile Plesae Help Me Translate

Quote Originally Posted by carolton67 View Post
    Yes, the translator is definitely wrong on that one. Assuming that this "you" to be addressed is female you would say:

Dear Carolton

I need you help...Thank You.

1. "Anh thuong em that long hay tin em dung nghe loi ai con khong thuong em that long chi vui choi qua duong thi hay tin loi ban anh chu em khong biet phai lam sao cho anh hieu"

2. "Neu a thuong em hay tin o em, em biet giu than minh o xu la que nguoi ma a yeu em that tinh hay tin em em yeu a nhieu lạm

3. " em nho a nhieu lam, em di choi voi a em rat la vui"

4. "Bay gio em ngu khong duoc em nho anh nhieu lam anh co biet khong anh lam viec can than nhe anh nho giu suc khoe dung lam viec qua suc nhe anh em nho anh"

5. "em yeu anh nhieu lam em khong biet em viet tin nhan nay anh co hieu khong em thay anh lai tham em ma tay anh chay va anh den di nhieu em dau long lam anh co biet khong anh lam gi lam nho giu suc khoe nhe anh em yeu anh nhieu ma em khong biet lam sao cho anh hieu em"

Please help me translate to English. Could I get your email address that I can send to you directly. Please.........

Your translation was sent to your private messages inbox

omg, how could you can translate word by word like that ?

"you are always in my mine" thats mean he miss her so much. So you can translate like "anh luôn nhớ em" or "anh nhớ em đến phát điên" ... thinks like that, its much more Vietnamese :P

lam` on* dich. gium` em:
    '' neu^' quen voi'* minh` ban. se~ thiet^. thoi` rat^' nhieu`"
    em xin hoi? them^ :"whats up" la` " e^ sao roi` may`!" vay. thi`" whats down" co' nghia~ gi` ko?

cam' on* nhieu^`!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pasted_man View Post
    omg, how could you can translate word by word like that ?

"you are always in my mine" thats mean he miss her so much. So you can translate like "anh luôn nhớ em" or "anh nhớ em đến phát điên" ... thinks like that, its much more Vietnamese :P
    I translated it that way because that’s what the person wanted to say. I don’t take the liberty of changing other people’s words because I assume they mean something or it may sound better unless translating literature; even with that there are limitations. However, I see that many people do take the liberty of changing translations. For example, friend becomes girlfriend/boyfriend; like becomes love. I think the person was very specific when he said “You are always on my mind” because it’s more romantic. People say “I miss you” “anh nhớ em” all the time, there is nothing special in that. I felt that the writer wanted to be special and different. If he had said, “I miss you like crazy” then I would have translated, “anh nhớ em đến phát điên”

I think the original would have been:

"You are on my mind"

not "you are on my mine"