Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Translation help again...

Thread: Translation help again...

Hybrid View

Default Translation help again...

Do these two acronyms or abbrevitions have any meaning in Vietnam? I am sorry if they are 'dirty'-it is possible that they are sexual.

"m"

"bim"

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SteEllRey View Post
    Do these two acronyms or abbrevitions have any meaning in Vietnam? I am sorry if they are 'dirty'-it is possible that they are sexual.

"m"

"bim"

Thank you!
    We could only figure them out if they are used in a sentence....

Manh Nguyen, thanks so much for trying to help. I appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I can't give it to you in a sentence context. These letters came fro a couple of email and 'chat' addresses. I just wanted to be aware of potential issues before proceeding to become further involved. They did not make sense to me for being part of an 'address'.

Thanks again for trying!

Steve

"m"

"bim"

Thank you!
    "m" is abbreviation of "em".
    When a man/boy say to a woman/girl (who is his friend or wife and the age is less than) he uses "em" for the English "you"

bim =?? I don't know but I think it's not sexual or rude language.

"m"

"bim"

Thank you!
    Have you been thinking that the term "bim" comes from the word "pimp?"
    I guess it could be right. But how can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by MANH NGUYEN View Post
    Have you been thinking that the term "bim" comes from the word "pimp?"
    I guess it could be right. But how can you tell?
    Maybe I am wrong but "bim" may stand for "bi'm" in vietnamese, a new slang vienamese word which many old man could not understand.
    In this case this word means vagina.

Default Great Thanks

Manh Nguyen and "Unnamed", thank you so much for trying to help. I appreciate it more than you know.

"Vagina" might make sense. I do not think it refers to "pimp' because it is a woman, even though there was possibly prostitution in her background.

I want to be very careful, so any information, or possible information, is extremely helpful to me now. I would like to know what I may be getting into that is kept 'secret' except to a few maybe. However, trying to have a frank discussion that is way off base would be wrong too. Also, I may just be lied to even more if I am not at least a 'little educated'. It has happened to me before with-for me-tragic results.

That is the background for my questions, and why I am so grateful.

I wondered if "bi", as a 'standalone, has the same meaning in VNese as the English 'adult' short form for "bisexual". (Ie, "bim" stands for "bi" (bisexual), and "m" (em) for woman?). Along the same lines, could "m" be the symbol for "masochist"? There are some strange things here that make me think that may not be as crazy as it sounds.

I also wonder if "bi" is a possible 'slang' term of endearment for a baby. There is a baby (almost 3 now) in the picture. The baby is not mine, but the absent father is mentioned in vague and soimetimes very contradictory contexts.

I am sorry to bother anyone, but there is a lot of meaning to having possible insights for me now.

I apologize if this ahs exceeded the limits for what is appropriate to ask in a post. I did not mean offense to anyone. I am just seeking help.

Thanks again.

Manh Nguyen and "Unnamed", thank you so much for trying to help. I appreciate it more than you know.

"Vagina" might make sense. I do not think it refers to "pimp' because it is a woman, even though there was possibly prostitution in her background.

I want to be very careful, so any information, or possible information, is extremely helpful to me now. I would like to know what I may be getting into that is kept 'secret' except to a few maybe. However, trying to have a frank discussion that is way off base would be wrong too. Also, I may just be lied to even more if I am not at least a 'little educated'. It has happened to me before with-for me-tragic results.

That is the background for my questions, and why I am so grateful.

I wondered if "bi", as a 'standalone, has the same meaning in VNese as the English 'adult' short form for "bisexual". (Ie, "bim" stands for "bi" (bisexual), and "m" (em) for woman?). Along the same lines, could "m" be the symbol for "masochist"? There are some strange things here that make me think that may not be as crazy as it sounds.

I also wonder if "bi" is a possible 'slang' term of endearment for a baby. There is a baby (almost 3 now) in the picture. The baby is not mine, but the absent father is mentioned in vague and soimetimes very contradictory contexts.

I am sorry to bother anyone, but there is a lot of meaning to having possible insights for me now.

I apologize if this ahs exceeded the limits for what is appropriate to ask in a post. I did not mean offense to anyone. I am just seeking help.

Thanks again.
    You are right that "Bi" may stand for a baby's name in vietnamese. But it can also mean a "baby", i.e. a testicle.