Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
New envelope translation help í neded

Thread: New envelope translation help í neded

Hybrid View

bearmtnbob

Thumbs up New envelope translation help í neded

Hito all,

I just received another 500 old envelopes from Viet Nam, the first two I looked at gave me problems, the help I need is with:
    1. 9/26/78 - NHIET LIET CHAO MUNG HAI HOI PHU NU TOAN QUOC LAN THU V
    (propoganda slogan?) 2. DEN NOI DA RACH (envelope has damage on front). What is the correct way to say "Prisoner Is Dead" or "Prisoner Is Decaesed"?

sincere thanks to all,

bearmtnbob

Quote Originally Posted by bearmtnbob View Post
    Hito all,

I just received another 500 old envelopes from Viet Nam, the first two I looked at gave me problems, the help I need is with:
    1. 9/26/78 - NHIET LIET CHAO MUNG HAI HOI PHU NU TOAN QUOC LAN THU V
    (propoganda slogan?) 2. DEN NOI DA RACH (envelope has damage on front). What is the correct way to say "Prisoner Is Dead" or "Prisoner Is Decaesed"?

sincere thanks to all,

bearmtnbob
    #1 : A warm welcome to the 5th meeting of the National Women's Association; (there could be 2 women's association, that part is a little confusing)

#2 describes the condition of the envelope when it was received: "Đến nơi đã rách" which means "Received in torn condition"

"Prisoner is Dead" can be said many ways. I prefer the formal usage which would be more appropriate when notifying about death: "Tù nhân đã từ trần" A little less informal: "Tù nhân đã qua đời"" Casual and unsympathetic: "Tù nhân đã chết"

bearmtnbob

Talking Thank You Carolton67

Thanks for the great job, v-dict members are the best! I have a document with VNCH stamp postmarked 6/09/52 that went through the mail. The document says: Vien Thong-ke va Khao-CUU KìnhTe Viet Nam. Quoc Gia Viet Nạm Any ideas?

tnx,

bearmtnbob

Quote Originally Posted by bearmtnbob View Post
    Thanks for the great job, v-dict members are the best! I have a document with VNCH stamp postmarked 6/09/52 that went through the mail. The document says: Vien Thong-ke va Khao-CUU KìnhTe Viet Nam. Quoc Gia Viet Nạm Any ideas?

tnx,

bearmtnbob
    Viện Thống Kê và Khảo Cứu Kinh tế ViệtNam means: Vietnam Institute of Statistics and Economic Research.

Quốc Gia Việt Nam means: Country of Vietnam