Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Eng-->Viet Translation Help Please??

Thread: Eng-->Viet Translation Help Please??

Hybrid View

Default Eng-->Viet Translation Help Please??

I was very happy to recieve your email this morning. I would have replied immediately, but I have to think about what to write, and then how to write it. D

I'm just asking about the postcard because I want to know how long it takes for mail to arrive in Vietnam when I send it from America. I sent you something for tet yesterday...hopefully it will arrive in time! I hope you like it! I wrote you a letter too...make sure you pass the message on to your family! D In America we also celebrate Valentine's Day, so in the next few days I will be sending you a package as well!

I am doing fine. I am still trying to adjust to the American way of life, but I miss Vietnam so much. I also miss you very much! And to think...I've only been gone 2 weeks!! (Yes...it's only been 2 weeks...not 1 month!) Work has been okay. I feel like I haven't been able to get much done, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. Did I tell you I got promoted and a new office when I got back? It was a nice surprise!

My mom did not tell me that you called. I'm surprised that you were able to talk to her! She's usually very busy--I can hardly ever get a hold of her when I call! But yes, everyone is doing fine. We celebrate Tet over here also, but not as big as Vietnam I guess. I am going to try to go home for Tet, but I don't know if I will be able to request off. Hopefully I will be able to though!

I am sure that it is very festive and beautiful over there. I also wished that I could spend New Year's in Vietnam--with you. I will try to imagine us holding hands walking down the streets of Saigon and seeing the beautiful flowers they have on display.

Does it really feel like I"ve been gone a whole month? Maybe you are counting down the days till we can see one another again and the time is just flying by for you--I wished I could say the same myself, but the days seem to just be dragging by!

I know how you feel--even though we just met, I already love you too! When I talk to you on the phone or send you an email, I feel very happy! You make my heart melt--you really do--and I love you for that. I can not wait until we can see each other again too--and the sooner the better! I miss you more and more everyday too, but the hole in my heart fills up with warmth knowing that we will be able to talk to one another soon.

I will take care of myself, but promise me that you will also take care of yourself and will continue to work hard. Please tell your parents and family that I said hello and that I wish them nothing but good health, lots of happiness, and everlasting prosperity!

Sorry this email is so long, but I am waiting for 5:00pm so I can go home and relax! I will call you this evening (morning in Vietnam).

================================================== =
    Thanks for everyone's help...I love this site (Vdict.com RULES!!)!!
    Last edited by lindal24; 01-25-2008 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lindal24 View Post
    I was very happy to recieve your email this morning. I would have replied immediately, but I have to think about what to write, and then how to write it (how to make it appeared here). D

Em rất vui mừng nhận được email của anh sáng nay. Em định sẽ hồi âm ngay, nhưng em phải suy nghĩ về những gì nên viết, và sau đó làm thế nào để "thể hiện" đây.

I'm just asking about the postcard because I want to know how long it takes for mail to arrive in Vietnam when I send it from America. I sent you something for tet yesterday...hopefully it will arrive in time! I hope you like it! I wrote you a letter too...make sure you pass the message on to your family(help me)! D In America we also celebrate Valentine's Day, so in the next few days I will be sending you a package as well!

Em vừa mới hỏi về bưu thiếp bởi vì em muốn biết "khoảng" bao lâu nó được gởi tới Viêt Nam khi em gởi nó từ Mỹ. Em đã gửi cho anh một cái gì đó "mừng Tết ngày hôm qua... Hy vọng nó sẽ đến kịp lúc! Em hy vọng anh thích nó! Em cũng đã viết một bức thư cho anh... "nhớ" chuyển lời nhắn tin tới gia đình em ( giúp em)! Ở Mỹ chúng em cũng làm lễ kỷ niệm Ngày lễ Tình Nhân, vậy thì vài ngày tới em sẽ gửi cho anh một gối quà nữa.

I am doing fine. I am still trying to adjust to the American way of life, but I miss Vietnam so much. I also miss you very much! And to think...I've only been gone 2 weeks!! (Yes...it's only been 2 weeks...not 1 month!) Work has been okay. I feel like I haven't been able to get much done, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. Did I tell you I got promoted and a new office when I got back? It was a nice surprise!

Em vẫn khỏe. Em vẫn đang cố gắng điều chỉnh phương cách Mỹ của cuộc sống, Nhưng mà em nhớ Việt Nam lắm lắm. Em cũng thật là nhớ anh! và tự nghĩ ... Em chỉ mới ra đi có 2 tuần!! (Vâng ... Nó chỉ mới 2 tuần ...không phải là 1 tháng!) Công việc bình thường. Em cảm giác em không có khả năng làm được nhiều lắm, nhưng em đang cố gắng "làm quen" từng ngày từng ngày một. Em có kể cho anh nghe là em được lên chức và có văn phòng (riêng) lúc em trở về chưa ha? Đó là một sự ngạc nhiên tốt đẹp!

My mom did not tell me that you called. I'm surprised that you were able to talk to her! She's usually very busy--I can hardly ever get a hold of her when I call! But yes, everyone is doing fine. We celebrate Tet over here also, but not as big as Vietnam I guess. I am going to try to go home for Tet, but I don't know if I will be able to request off. Hopefully I will be able to though!

Mẹ em không có nói với em là anh đã gọi. Em ngạc nhiên rằng anh có thể nói chuyện được với mẹ! Bà ấy thường thường rất bận rộn--Em có thể mãi mãi khó mà giữ bà ấy lại khi gọi (điện thoại)! Nhưng vâng, mọi người thì sinh hoạt tốt. Chúng em cũng tổ chức Tết bên này, nhưng mà em không biết nếu em sẽ có khả năng xin được nghỉ làm. Hy vọng em sẽ được nghỉ.

I am sure that it is very festive and beautiful over there. I also wished that I could spend New Year's in Vietnam--with you. I will try to imagine us holding hands walking down the streets of Saigon and seeing the beautiful flowers they have on display.

Em chắc chắn rằng nó rất vui và rất đẹp ở bên đó. Em cũng đã mong ước rằng em có thể ăn Tết ở Việt Nam với anh. Em sẽ cố gắng hình dung chúng mình tay trong tay tản bộ trên đường phố Saì Gòn và cùng ngắm nhìn những bông hoa xinh đẹp mà người ta đã trưng bày.

Does it really feel like I"ve been gone a whole month? Maybe you are counting down the days till we can see one another again and the time is just flying by for you--I wished I could say the same myself, but the days seem to just be dragging by!

Có phải thật sự cảm giác giống như em đã đi cả tháng không nhĩ? có lẽ anh đang đếm từng ngày tới khi chúng mình gặp lại nhau và thời gian trôi qua nhanh cho anh--Em ước muốn em có thể tự nói với mình như vậy, nhưng ngày (dài) trông như vừa chầm chậm trôi.!

I know how you feel--even though we just met, I already love you too! When I talk to you on the phone or send you an email, I feel very happy! You make my heart melt--you really do--and I love you for that. I can not wait until we can see each other again too--and the sooner the better! I miss you more and more everyday too, but the hole in my heart fills up with warmth knowing that we will be able to talk to one another soon.

Em biết cảm giác của anh--mặc dù mình chỉ mới quen, Em cũng đã yêu anh! Khi mà em nói chuyện vơí anh trên điện thoại hoặc gửi email cho anh, em cảm thấy rất vui! Anh làm tim em se thắc--anh làm thiệt mà-- và em yêu anh vì vậy. Em không thể chờ đến khi mình có thể lại nhìn thấy nhau , nhưng khoảng trống trong trái tim em tràn đầy sự nồng ấm biết rằng mình sẽ sớm được nói chuyện với nhau.

I will take care of myself, but promise me that you will also take care of yourself and will continue to work hard. Please tell your parents and family that I said hello and that I wish them nothing but good health, lots of happiness, and everlasting prosperity!

Em sẽ bảo trọng bản thân, nhưng phải hứa với em là anh cũng sẽ tự bảo trọng và sẽ tiếp tục chăm chỉ công việc ( nhé anh). Xin nói với cha mẹ anh và gia đình rằng em gửi lời chào và em chúc mọi ngừơi không gì hơn là sức khỏe tốt, thật nhiều hạnh phúc, và mãi mãi thịnh vượng!

Sorry this email is so long, but I am waiting for 5:00pm so I can go home and relax! I will call you this evening (morning in Vietnam).

Xin lỗi email này dài quá, nhưng em đang chờ tới 5 giờ chiều đặng em có thể về nhà và nghĩ ngơi! Em sẽ gọi anh tối nay (sáng ở Viet Nam)

================================================== =
    Thanks for everyone's help...I love this site (Vdict.com RULES!!)!!
    Bác nào có rãnh làm giúp tiếp đi nha .... I be back when I have time
    Last edited by LtDra; 01-25-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Thất bại lớn nhất của đời người là tự đại
    Đáng thương nhất của đời người là tự ti.
    Tự đại + Tự ti = thất bại đáng thương nhất

Lindal24,
    I am just being nosy. You can't read/write Vietnamese, and don't speak the language either, I assume. Your friend does not know much English. How did you two communicate. And what is your nationality anyway? since you are still trying to adjust to life here in the US of A.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Lindal24,
    I am just being nosy. You can't read/write Vietnamese, and don't speak the language either, I assume. Your friend does not know much English. How did you two communicate. And what is your nationality anyway? since you are still trying to adjust to life here in the US of A.
    I am Vietnamese. I can speak it, but can only read/write a little bit. Hard words and the accents are what mess me up when I am reading and writing, that's why I need so much help...but I'm learning more and more pretty quickly I think.

My friend says he knows a little, but I would say he knows no English...I've never heard him say a word in English. We communicated by talking Vietnamese...

I just came back from a 6 week trip from Vietnam (Saigon) and am having a lot of trouble adjusting back to life in the states...My sleep schedule is way off track, as is my diet--I'm barely starting to be able to eat American food again!!

But that's my side...I don't mind sharing... D

I am Vietnamese. I can speak it, but can only read/write a little bit. Hard words and the accents are what mess me up when I am reading and writing, that's why I need so much help...but I'm learning more and more pretty quickly I think.

My friend says he knows a little, but I would say he knows no English...I've never heard him say a word in English. We communicated by talking Vietnamese...

I just came back from a 6 week trip from Vietnam (Saigon) and am having a lot of trouble adjusting back to life in the states...My sleep schedule is way off track, as is my diet--I'm barely starting to be able to eat American food again!!

But that's my side...I don't mind sharing... D
    And the letter is from you to your boyfriend, isn't it? if so.... I believed those "anh"& "em" in the translations I just did need to be twisted back.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDra View Post
    And the letter is from you to your boyfriend, isn't it? if so.... I believed those "anh"& "em" in the translations I just did need to be twisted back.
    Yes, I figured I would just go in and change it later...

I fixed them for you , but still not able to finish it yet ... It is a beautiful letter.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDra View Post
    I fixed them for you , but still not able to finish it yet ... It is a beautiful letter.
    It has done. check your post