Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Andrew Sydney

Thread: Andrew Sydney

Hybrid View

Andrew3

Default Andrew Sydney

Please if free translate

There were no witness to the vandalism of the car so they were unable to charge anybody.

You will need a reference number for the insurance company so they can repair the damage

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew3 View Post
    Please if free translate

There were no witness to the vandalism of the car so they were unable to charge anybody.

You will need a reference number for the insurance company so they can repair the damage

thanks
    Không có nhân chứng cho vấn đề "bị phá hư hại" xe cho nên họ (bảo hiểm?) không lấy được tiền bồi thường của ai lại cả.

Em/Anh phải cho họ cái số giấy tờ bảo hiểm xe để hãng bảo hiểm sửa chửa hư hại (cho xe của em/anh.)
    Last edited by MANH NGUYEN; 04-12-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew3 View Post
    Please if free translate

thanks
    charge in this context means "to accuse sb formally of a crime" = buộc tội, kết án
    This is my suggestion :

There were no witness to the vandalism of the car so they were unable to charge anybody.= Không có nhân chứng cho vụ phá hoại tác phẩm nghệ thuật trên chiếc ô tô này vì thế người ta không thể kết tội ai cả.

You will need a reference number for the insurance company so they can repair the damage = Bạn cần có một con số cho công ty bảo hiểm tham khảo để họ có thể đền bù thiệt hại.

In this context I guess "repair' means to say or do sth to improve a bad or unpleasant situation.
    Maybe, my translation is not good but I think it would help

Quote Originally Posted by english-learner View Post
    charge in this context means "to accuse sb formally of a crime" = buộc tội, kết án
    This is my suggestion :

There were no witness to the vandalism of the car so they were unable to charge anybody.= Không có nhân chứng cho vụ phá hoại tác phẩm nghệ thuật trên chiếc ô tô này vì thế người ta không thể kết tội ai cả.

You will need a reference number for the insurance company so they can repair the damage = Bạn cần có một con số cho công ty bảo hiểm tham khảo để họ có thể đền bù thiệt hại.

In this context I guess "repair' means to say or do sth to improve a bad or unpleasant situation.
    Maybe, my translation is not good but I think it would help
    Bác dùng tự điển nào mà dịch vandalism = vụ phá hoại tác phẩm nghệ thuật vậy ?

Còn động từ tham khảo từ chữ nào ra vậy ?

Tớ nghĩ reference number = số hồ sơ = case number. Mỗi một vụ đụng xe đều được cảnh sát mở lập biên bản và case number là số đã được in sẵn trên tờ biên bản này. Hãng bảo hiểm thường dựa trên biên bản của cảnh sát (nếu có).
    Last edited by Paddy; 04-12-2008 at 06:13 PM.