Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Silver Lining

Thread: Silver Lining

Hybrid View

Default Silver Lining

Các bạn, các anh chị nào có thể giúp giùm một thành ngữ nào đại loại như Silver Lining được chăng?

Cám ơn thật nhiều

Default Silver Lining

Dong nghia voi

"Light at the end of the tunnel."

An'h san'g cuoi duong ham.

Mot tia hy vong trong hoan canh oai am.

Em can gi nua cu hoi Anh.

Thumbs up Thx much

Cám ơn anh NguoiVietOnAo,

để khi nào có giờ chuyển dịch tiếp sẽ hỏi anh nhiều hơn

;-)

'Silver lining' is really only used in one expression: 'Every cloud has a silver lining'. The meaning of this is that even when unfortunate events happen to you, something positive can still be drawn from the experience.

For example:

'My wife left me this week. That's pretty bad. But hey, I don't have to visit my mother-in-law any more. Every cloud has a silver lining!'

As in the above example, the expression is quite often used in a humorous way to help someone cope with a difficult situation by make light of it.

'Light at the end of the tunnel' is not the same. This expression means that after a (long) period of struggle of some kind, the speaker feels that there is a prospect of things becoming better. For example:

'When he first started work everyone treated him very badly, and he wanted to quit his job. But he gradually gained the respect and friendship of his colleagues, and he began to feel that there was light at the end of the tunnel.'

I hope this helps.