Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Help Translate this nickname....

Thread: Help Translate this nickname....

Hybrid View

Smile Help Translate this nickname....

All I know is it's a nickname for a baby girl....it "sounds" like bear high...no idea of actual spelling or meaning...Lol,
    realize I'm not giving much info...bit any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hppycmpr1213 View Post
    All I know is it's a nickname for a baby girl....it "sounds" like bear high...no idea of actual spelling or meaning...Lol,
    realize I'm not giving much info...bit any help would be appreciated.
    I'm not so sure but I think the nickname that you're talking about is "bé hai" (yes, it sounds a bit like bear high).
    "Bé" means little girl, "hai" is two/second
    In Vietnam, a lot of people call the oldest child "hai", probably because the parents are the first. For example, chị hai (oldest sister) or bác hai (dad's oldest brother). Sometimes people who are not in the family still call them by these names too.
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Default Thanks

Sorry it took so long to tell you thank you, I've had some medical issues and haven't been online much. I'm positive your translation is perfect, the nickname is what I've always called my oldest sister and it's just recently that I've found out it's not actually her real name! Lol...Once again, thank you so much!! :-)

in the olden days lots of babies never made it to their first birthday..thus it is tradition that you never name your kids as the first child..superstition..to trick the Gods I guess..hence all the babies are named as 2nd, 3rd onwards..
    Tóc mai sợi vắn sợi dài
    Lấy nhau chẳng đặng thương hoài nghìn năm