Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 456
Looking for a segnificance of a name
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a segnificance of a name

Hybrid View

geshem

Default Looking for a segnificance of a name

I would like to know if the following name exists in Vietnamese and if so what does it mean. It is a very old name maybe 400years old.
    It would phonetically sound like the english words;
    PIE YOUNG
    I dont know if in Vietnamese it will be phi ung, or pah iung.
    Any idea of where I should look for information would be great!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by geshem View Post
    I would like to know if the following name exists in Vietnamese and if so what does it mean. It is a very old name maybe 400years old.
    It would phonetically sound like the english words;
    PIE YOUNG
    I dont know if in Vietnamese it will be phi ung, or pah iung.
    Any idea of where I should look for information would be great!
    Thank you
    now i have no idea, but if you can tell us more about this name maybe someone could help.

geshem

Default I dont know much more

I know the guy told me his name was PIE YOUNG (phoneticly this is how it sounded) and that it was in 1663 in vietnam.
    so I was wondering what the name meant, and is it a common name, and maybe try and track this fellow down in history, does any of this make sense to you?

I know the guy told me his name was PIE YOUNG (phoneticly this is how it sounded) and that it was in 1663 in vietnam.
    so I was wondering what the name meant, and is it a common name, and maybe try and track this fellow down in history, does any of this make sense to you?
    Is this an excerpt you wrote or are you telling us that this guy told you his name was Pie Young in 1663?

I could not think of any name that has similar pronunciation.

geshem

Default phải không

how would this sound in English phonetics?
    I cant find anywhere that has it on audio, and I have no vietnamese friends to call...

how would this sound in English phonetics?
    I cant find anywhere that has it on audio, and I have no vietnamese friends to call...
    phải không = isn't that right ?

fai khong

base on phonetically sound as Pie young corresponding to phi ung that you wrote, can assume it is "Phi Ung" meaning Flying Hawk or "Phi Hung" which does not really have a meaning, the second one is a popular name.

geshem

Default I should explain...

I know this will sound stupid, but... I dont really believe in these things, my girlfriend kind of dragged me to a friend of hers that does these life regressions... its called cell memory and its this meditation session that you go back to your most urging life crisis in pass lives, any way she did this and I went along and it was very intense.
    I found that i was looking at a guy (supposedly me), he was standing in a forest that had a lot of light, he was in the north part of Vietnam or siam, he was standing and not moving like he is meditating or something, I asked him what was his name and the response was PIE YOUNG, that is how it sounded, it was 1663, he was 39, he wore a spotless white shirt and black trousers. Chinese soldiers killed his son in front of his eyes and he had to bury him a few weeks back, and at that moment in the the forest he was decideding to dedicate his life to death and fighting. for him it was like giving his life away and he said that he will make a mistake so his enemy will take his life, he was considering it to be the closest to suicide as he will accept, he loved life too much.
    he was a big guy, very strong looking.
    we went a few years forward and I or he was sitting in a bar next to a river waiting for a boat, I could smell the wood that everything was made out of, he was pissed that he is alive still, he was on his way to kill someone, lots of people around him.
    than more forward and he was in central China or Mongolia, out side his tent (looked like a Mongolian tipi) he was contemplating life, he was over 55 years old and he knew it was considered very very old, he was very strong and fearless, and saw a life of blood and killing.
    that was where he later died, alone in bed out of old age.

I am not a martial art enthusiastic, I do some boxing for myself defense, I work as a project manager in Mexico, I have never been to the east, I don't read amine comics, and I don't believe in the after life or reincarnation, but this experience is now in my head, and it is weird it is so detailed it feels like a personal memory and not like remembering a movie or a book.
    so I ask for any help to get some info or some input about this crazy story...
    Last edited by geshem; 10-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.

I know this will sound stupid, but... I dont really believe in these things, my girlfriend kind of dragged me to a friend of hers that does these life regressions... its called cell memory and its this meditation session that you go back to your most urging life crisis in pass lives, any way she did this and I went along and it was very intense.
    I found that i was looking at a guy (supposedly me), he was standing in a forest that had a lot of light, he was in the north part of Vietnam or siam, he was standing and not moving like he is meditating or something, I asked him what was his name and the response was PIE YOUNG, that is how it sounded, it was 1663, he was 39, he wore a spotless white shirt and black trousers. Chinese soldiers killed his son in front of his eyes and he had to bury him a few weeks back, and at that moment in the the forest he was decideding to dedicate his life to death and fighting. for him it was like giving his life away and he said that he will make a mistake so his enemy will take his life, he was considering it to be the closest to suicide as he will accept, he loved life too much.

It could have been the good mota you smoked.
    in 1663 we were in a civil war
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Vietnam
    Last edited by Paddy; 10-09-2008 at 09:14 PM.

he was a big guy, very strong looking.
    we went a few years forward and I or he was sitting in a bar next to a river waiting for a boat, I could smell the wood that everything was made out of, he was pissed that he is alive still, he was on his way to kill someone, lots of people around him.
    than more forward and he was in central China or Mongolia, out side his tent (looked like a Mongolian tipi) he was contemplating life, he was over 55 years old and he knew it was considered very very old, he was very strong and fearless, and saw a life of blood and killing.
    that was where he later died, alone in bed out of old age.
    Did you really feel/sense/see all these? If that's true, it is really weird.
    Anyway, if it is true, that man (Pie Young - you???) could have been anyone. If he doesn't seem to be a person with high profile, chance is that you can never find him in any history book, like other 99.9999% of the population.
    You had a very unique experience. I understand you are tempting to find out, but I am afraid that I can't help you. I am not aware of any person with that name during that period.